Thursday, June 09, 2011

Drawing Studio

I LOVE to draw and I LOVE to teach drawing!! I have literally been drawing since I could hold a pencil at about age 3. My parents were both artists and they showed me all the tricks they knew. I was fortunate to attend an excellent University Art School for my BFA where drawing was stressed and valued.Drawing is the foundation not only for everything you create but the basis for learning how to see! I.

I am so convinced of the power of enhanced drawing skills...not only for students but for professionals to continue to practice, that I am going to offer this as an ongoing class which meets consistently. You can sign up in advance and get some discounts for taking more sessions or you can also just DROP IN when it fits your schedule.


Whether you are a total beginner or have been drawing for years you can have fun and learn techniques to improve your drawing skills immediately! Practice specific exercises and work on projects designed to enhance your ability and confidence to draw anything you want to: figures, faces hands, still life, landscapes, animals and more. Shape, shading, value, contours: we will do it all. We will have interesting set ups, drawing from the model, life drawing and take some fun field trips around the Life Arts Studio Building!


What I want to create with this class is a drawing community...an artistic support system that you will be part of when you join us! I am creating a blog just for this class which will host resources, materials, links, reading list, exhibition and art contest opportunities and more!


All Classes are open to students of any skill level or experience.

All materials are provided for your first drawing session.

Cost:

$20 per session

No comments: